Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2007

First Voice off Day

September 9, 2007



So, for everyone who was worried about my ability to be quiet for 2 hours a day, you have even more to worry about now: voice off hours (where everyone on the ASL floor has to sign to each other instead of speaking) have been adjusted to every odd number day from 10 am to 10 pm. It's 12 hours every other day. So, for everyone who was worried about 2 hours everday, I hope you're happy! There is no talking aloud allowed as long as one is on the asl floor. Residents may speak freely off the floor, however. I think I might be spending a good part of the odd numbered days away from the apartment.

I've actually done pretty well so far. I've only forgotten about the whole "no talking" think about 4 times today. And, considering I've been at this all day, that's not too bad. I've learned a whole bunch of new signs today too.


In other news, I got a bike yesterday. It's SO nice to have a bike here. Especially since my car is parked halfway across campus. I got the short stick in the parking lottery. I am a bit nervous about how I'm going to handle living on a huge hill though. (Note to self: bring inhailer back with you next time you go home.) Anyway, here are bike pictures:


I thought while I'm at it, I might as well just put up apartment pictures too.







I hope most of those are self explanatory. I'll add more pictures of my room when it's clean/when I get my quilt done.

No comments: