Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Brent and M'Recia, Cheking in!

Hello anyone who follows my (our) blog.

We were killing time so we figured we'd update this.

So here's what's been going on the past while.

Brent: Wow, I actually get to write on this blog thingy. Bear with me it's my first time....
I've had a wonderful stay at the IMC Chemotherapy suite for the last week, from Monday till' Saturday. All the nurses (especially M'Recia) were very nice and very helpful, and it was interesting to see each one's different way of doing things in taking care of the sick. I had a quite nice experience named Chante. She asked me about the circumstances surrounding my cancer, and we she told me about her conversion to Christianity and the blessings that come from having faith in God. She was not a member of the church, and I was hoping to give her a Book of Mormon before I left, but I wasn't able to get it to her before I left. Oh well, I suppose that was one of those "planting seeds" moments we have. I'm doing okay in recovery. Looking forward to my own bed and not being woken up at three in the morning to have my vitals taken, and my blood drawn. And, yes it is weird for me to not have hair. In case anybody wanted to ask but felt too embarassed to. The End! Alright M'Recia, back to you...

This reminds me of how we used to write letters to Brent's friend, Jeff, on his mission. Anyway, I've been trying to stay sane with Brent in the hospital, mid-terms, and a new job. I now work 2 days a week at Legacy House. Legacy House is an assissted living center in Logan. I work for housekeeping so on Mondays we do sheets and towels for the wash, and Wednesdays we do special projects. I love working with the elderly. They really crack me up! It's been a great blessing for me to find a job that worked so perfectly with my needs. Wedding plans are...kind of coming along. I keep going after the Chinese Lady trying to find out about my dress. She doesn't speak the best English. :)

Anyway, that's life in our world right now!

No comments: