Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

What we had for dinner tonight


Salad-via a bag of salad we saw on clearance last night.


Brent made delicious breadsticks.
How many ladies have husbands that can bake bread?
(Although, I did set the yeast for him)

And, the main course: zuppa tuscana soup.

Breadsticks:
1 T. quick rising yeast
1/2 C. warm water
2 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3-4 C. flour
1/2 C. Butter

Dissolve yeast in warm water; add sugar. Let sit for a few minutes. Add salt and flour. Knead and let rise for 10 minutes. Melt 1/2 C. butter in 9X13 pan in 375 Degree Oven. After dough has risen, punch down and let rise again for 5 minutes. Roll out to size of pan. Cut into 12 breadsticks. Dip in butter, lightly sprinkle with garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Line them up in the pan and let raise 10 minutes. Base at 375 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Zuppa Tuscana Soup: (I doubled this)

3 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 medium russet potato (I used 4 when I doubled, so 2 if you single the recipe)
2 cups chopped Kale
1/2 lb spicy Italian Suasage
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (maybe less--the soup was quite spicy)

Combine the broth and the cream in a saucepan over medium heat.

Slice the unpeeled potato(es) into 1/4 inch sliced, then quarter the slices and add them to the soup. (I actually cut the potatoes the long way so I ended up with a bunch of thin circles...if that makes sense).

Add the Kale (once again, I would probably deviate this. By the time the soup was ready, the kale was really limp and slimey. I would probably add it in about 15-20 minutes before serving time)

Cook sausage and add to soup.

Add spices and let simmer for 1 hour.

Delicious. It sure made Brent's night.

2 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!

The Candlands said...

I swear I am not a stalker, but I saw your blog address on Facebook, so I checked it out. We are so alike it's KrAzY! This is one of our favorite soups to make and our recipes are identical! Oh and small world...Kristy White is in my ward!