Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Anniversary Miracle

I bought the pin above when I was in the Miss Farmington Pageant from an antique store in Layton and just loved it. When wedding time rolled around, I thought it would be pretty on my cake. However, when the cake got whisked into the kitchen to serve to our guests, so did the pin, never to be seen again. I was completely heartbroken over it. I called the reception center many times and asked them to look through their garbage. I thought the pin was so unique that I would never see it again. HOWEVER, Brent and I were out shopping on Tuesday for our anniversary and went to this shop downtown called "Decades." I was looking at their jewelry and saw a GOLD version on my very pin. I couldn't believe it! I never thought I would see ANYTHING like it again. I wasn't sure how one-of-a-kind it was. Now I know they made at least two. Now I just have to figure out how to make it match my earrings again!

1 comment:

Kira Cherry said...

Wow! That pin is beautiful! I'm sorry that you lost your first one, isn't it awful when you lose something you love? I'm just glad you were able to find something exactly like it and on your anniversary! =)