Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Look at what I made tonight!

I followed this recipe for caramels. I was a little freaked out because I've never done candies before, but it ended up being fine. I made the mistake of using waxed paper to line my pan when I poured the caramel into my pan and the heat of the caramel melted the wax paper to the caramels. Needless to say, there was a lot of wax paper/caramel thrown away, but I feel pretty successful for my first time.

Every time I finish up something that came in a glass jar, I wash it out and keep the jar. I usually line my cookie pan with tin foil and turn candle jars upside down in the oven to get ride of the wax. Over the months, the jars add up, and now I have a cute neighbor gift. :)

Check out the tags for everything else I'm making.



I don't know I'll actually make all those different kinds of things, but I hope too. I think I'm so excited that I finally have an excuse to bake that I'm going crazy.

For anyone who cares, I used this picture to create the texture of my tags.

And the treat font is south pacific

The tag font is syphon spritz.

2 comments:

The Candlands said...

Super fun! You are so domestic! Good job.

Sara and Skyler said...

Cute! Sounds like you had fun! Danielle & I used to make caramel when I'd come down for Thanksgiving it was always so much fun!