Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jones Family Pictures

This was our last family picture:


Well, this is actually more recent, but it doesn't really count.
 

Anyway, this picture is missing two grand kids and my husband. It's very outdated, although cute.


For the past 3 times the Colorado Joneses have visited, I have desperately tried to arrange a family photo. Every time, someone had to work, or couldn't find the right clothes, or something.

We got it together this time. I asked everyone to wear dark pants and brightly colored tops. I got vetoed. I asked everyone to wear jeans and brightly colored tops. I got vetoed. I asked everyone to wear jeans and jewel tones. No one vetoed me.

Come picture day, everyone was complaining about Jewel Tones. I think what we actually ended up with was colorful tops and jeans. But, whatever, I now have a picture of the whole family.


There were some lessons learned here. #1: Family pictures on the day after Christmas is a bit challenging for the children. In fact, there was a lot of head swapping here in order to achieve the lovely photo above. It reminds me of the time I tried to take pictures of Michelle's family on Halloween day:

unhappy kids

#2: My camera doesn't like taking pictures indoors at 4:30 pm. It's just a bit too dark.

#3: Brent should not stand right behind me.

#4: Next time, someone else can arrange the color scheme.

Observe the originals:

Brent can't be seen behind my head, the kids in the front row are goofing off, Michelle looks frustrated, and Marc is missing.

I'm not sure what Michelle, Melissa and I are saying....


This one was pretty close to looking great....

I traded Larke's head for something looking the right direction, Dallin's head for something that closer resembles a smile, and Chelise's head and shoulders for something that looked slightly less bored. 

 A little crop and color editing...and voila! A pretty good photo.

Next time we will try to avoid the day after Christmas. And jewel tones.

1 comment:

Joy said...

This is a great post -- made me laugh and realize how much I love this bunch -- jewel tones and all...