Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sugar Cookies

  • Brent and I made sugar cookies last night. Brent had a ball making his into crazy shapes. We have a crown shaped cookie cutter that Brent manipulated into a few dinosaurs. I have had a few requests for the recipe. Here it is!

For the Cookies: (I suggest cutting this in half, I ended up with about 70 cookies)

  • 2 Cups Sugar (I always use raw sugar/organic sugar)
  • 1 Cup Softened Butter
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Cup Sour Cream
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 5 Cups Flower (I used White Whole Wheat, I also threw in a tablespoon of Vital Wheat Gluten)
Cream sugar and butter. Beat in eggs, then sour cream. Add 1 cup flour along with soda and salt. Beat well. Add the rest of the flour. Mix well. Chill for 1 hour before rolling out on a well-floured surface. Cut in desired shapes and bake at 350 for 11 minutes.

These made very moist and just sweet enough cookies.

Then I frosted with this buttercream:
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 TBSP milk
Cream butter, milk, and shortening. Add a little powered sugar at a time until desired consistency.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Did you use your KitchenAid?