Pages

Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, May 19, 2014

Watch me Grow!

video
Little Patrick is in the habit of having daily bouts of the hiccups. The nurse told me they happen because he is either stressed or has just eaten. I think they're pretty cute.

I got to watch the nurse measure him last night. I also asked her about his "percentiles" like I always hear new moms use.
 This was not his favorite activity. It involved being naked and having his little body parts moved around and it did not involve eating or snuggling.

He's up to 2.555 kilograms which makes him about 5 lbs 10 ounces. The day we got here he was 5 lbs 5 ounces. (He's getting bigger already and it makes me a little sad, but it's a good thing).

 She had to pretty much pin him down to measure his length because he is so wiggly. He is at 47 cm or 18.5 inches.

His head circumference is 33 cm or 12.99 inches.

In comparison to other babies who are premature and are at what would be 37 weeks gestation if they were still on the inside, he's a little below average for weight, about average for head, and a little below average for height. He's our small little peanut.

Brent and the dogs made it home last night at about 2 am. They were exhausted but glad to be home. 

Sadly, I don't think I'll be flying home tomorrow. We haven't seen our FBI clearance emails yet. I'm still hopeful that we'll get them first thing tomorrow morning and I can be on that 1:45 flight!

The hospital informed me today that the insurance will no longer be paying for our stay. I've packed up our stuff and my wonderful friend Deneigh is coming to pick us up and take us to her mom's house. 

I'm so grateful that we're in Phoenix where we are well connected instead of a city that we don't know anyone in. I'm so glad that I will be among friends instead of a hotel or something else.




2 comments:

Kelly Pack Beck said...

You are doing great Mom! So brave and smart. I love you and am so happy about this miracle. We are here for you, however we can help from so far away!

Tami Spraycar said...

He is such a cute little turkey!!! It sounds like he is doing great!!! I hope that you will be able to come home today. It will be nice to get home and get to "normal" life with you cute little boy.